Membership to the Belpex Spot Market provides you access to all Market Segments, unless specified otherwise in your application.
Belpex currently facilitates two different memberships on its short term market.
- Direct participation: This membership is the standard type of membership, allowing full access to the trading platform and the back office website, clearing arrangements and anonymous trading. Direct participants trade on their own behalf, but they have the choice to offer broker services to indirect participants.
- Indirect participation: The indirect membership allows a flexible, tailor-made access to the short term electricity market of Belpex for organisations without a trading floor or experience, via the services of a broker who trades for their account.
In order to trade on the Belpex Spot Market, an applicant must:
- Enter into a Participation Agreement Clearing Settlement Services (CSS) with the central counter party APX Clearing BV for the purpose of financial clearing and settlement of the contracts concluded on the Belpex market.
- Enter into an Access Responsible Party contract (ARP contract) with Elia System Operator or designate a third party as ARP for the purpose of nominating the contracts concluded on the Belpex market to Elia System Operator.
- Enter into an (Indirect) Participation Agreement with Belpex (and a Broker) for the purpose of trading electricity on the Belpex market via the Belpex trading platform. This (Indirect) Participation Agreement includes both the Market Rules, as well as its implementing Market Procedures.
- In case of an Indirect Participant, the Indirect Participant should enter into a bilateral agreement with its Broker for all practical arrangements regarding amongst others the submission of orders.
Access Responsible Party Contract (ARP contract)
To get the list of existing ARP’s in Belgium or to get more information on the ARP contract, how to conclude one and a copy of it, please visit the Elia website.
Participation Agreement CSS and (Indirect) Participation Agreement
In order to conclude a Participation Agreement CSS with APX and an (Indirect) Participation Agreement with Belpex, an applicant must respectively submit an application file to APX and an application file to Belpex containing the documents needed to enable assessment of the applicant’s legal and financial status.
You can find the admission conditions for the conclusion of Belpex (Indirect) Participation Agreement on the Market Rules & Procedures page. The complete set of documents in respect of the agreement is also available this page.
Admission conditions for the conclusion of an APX Participation Agreement CSS are available on www.apxgroup.com. The complete set of documents in respect of the agreement is also available there.
Any questions you may have in relation to:
- The Belpex Spot Market in general or any of its Market Segment
- How to trade on the different Market Segments of the Belpex Spot Market
- Both the APX Participation Agreement CSS or the Belpex Participation Agreement
can be addressed to our account manager. Contact details are available on the right side of this page.